Calling All Orange County Cycling Enthusiasts:
If you are reading this blog, most likely you’re a cyclist! You are probably an American citizen too, or at least live here. The one thing all Americans share is a deep appreciation of those who sacrifice life & limb to protect our freedom and those of others around the world (regardless of your opinion on any particular war). These men and women truly are heroes. Here is your chance to step up and make a BIG contribution to America’s wounded veterans using your passion for cycling. I can’t think of a better combination!
Ride 2 Recovery and The Big Orange Classic have put together a fantastic event the day before the main ride. In return for your $100 donation, here is what you’ll get at this exclusive Orange County VIP event:
- Easy (nobody gets dropped) 20 mile ride with one of America’s top cyclists, Peter Stetina of BMC Racing. Peter is a 4 time Grand Tour finisher, including a 35th place (out of 164 who finished) in his first Tour de France last year.
- Chance to ride & chat with Peter in a more intimate setting than the main ride. He’ll be hanging out pre- and post-ride as well. How many group rides have you been on where the guy riding next to you has competed in the Tour de France – and you haven’t been dropped! Go ahead, ask your questions – what’s a day at the Tour really like?
- Ride the same top of the line BMC SLR01 as Peter Stetina! You’ll have the opportunity to demo one of these amazing race rigs on this ride.
- The ride starts and ends from Shimano USA headquarters, perhaps the most innovative and recognizable brand in cycling.
- Browse and hang out in the recently constructed Shimano showroom to see the latest in bicycle components and gear. This will include a demonstration of the new Road Hydro groupset.
- Complimentary Shimano grab bag and post-ride beer/appetizers while hanging out with Peter Stetina and reps from Shimano and BMC.
While this is truly a dream event for any cycling enthusiast, what you’ll feel best about is that your donation is really making a difference in the lives of America’s wounded veterans – or Healing Heroes. And what is changing their lives? CYCLING! If you love cycling and it has given so much to you, what better way to give back than giving wounded veterans that experience they so desperately need. What makes cycling unique as a way to help our Healing Heroes become fully rehabilitated? First of all, almost everyone can cycle, no matter their physical situation. This is not so for almost any other sport, including running. Cycling treats the whole person: physically, psychologically, socially and spiritually. And healing veterans can be brought to a higher level of function by utilizing cycling as a part of their rehabilitation. But in order to reach more veterans, Ride 2 Recovery needs your help. And fundraising events like these help do that. Here is a video that captures much of what Ride 2 Recovery is all about. Caution – it is sobering, but also inspirational. Please consider signing up for this one-of-a-kind cycling event!